1. Analyze Amirís character as he grows up in Afghanistan. What kind of boy was he? Would he have been someone you would have wanted to know? Why?
2. Discuss the class system that exists between the Hazara and the Pashtun. How is it similar to the racism that has existed in our country?
3. Discuss the character of Hassan. How is he the better of the two boys? How does he continue to show his loyalty to Amir and why is he eventually killed?
4. Discuss how Amir atones for his sins against Hassan. What can we learn from his experience?
5. How is Afghanistan also raped by both Russia and the Taliban?
6. What does Rahim Khan mean when he tells Amir that there is a way to be good again?
7. How is Hassanís tragic fate echoed in his own son?
8. Describe the character of Baba. What does he teach his son that is good and right and what does he pass on that is tragic?
9. Why is it significant that Soraya is unable to bear children? In what way does this tragedy relate to Sohrab and the atonement of Amirís sins?
10. Why is it significant that Amir runs after the kite that Sohrab has defeated? What does he mean when he tells the boy, ďFor you, a thousand times over?Ē
11. Discuss the significance of the pomegranate tree where Amir and Hassan play and read and then carve their names into the trunk.
Cite this page:
Clapsaddle, Diane. "TheBestNotes on The Kite Runner".
varLocale = SetLocale(2057)
file = Request.ServerVariables("PATH_TRANSLATED")
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set f = fs.GetFile(file)
LastModified = f.datelastmodified
response.write FormatDateTime(LastModified, 1)
Set f = Nothing
Set fs = Nothing