Free Study Guide for Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson-BookNotes|
1. Attempt a structural analysis of Treasure Island with special emphasis on Stevensonís suspenseful ending for each story.
2. In what way does Jimís life at the inn prepare him for adventure? Discuss.
3. How is Treasure Island more a story of plot and less of character? How does the action in the book contribute to it?
4. Bring out the significance of the apple barrel episode. How does it change the course of the plot? Discuss.
5. Jim undergoes a process of growth through adventure. Trace this development.
6. Comment on the narrative strategy employed by Stevenson.
7. Attempt a character sketch on each: Captain Flint, Pew, Silver and Hands. Compare and contrast their characters.
8. Discuss Treasure Island as a stock adventure story. Discuss the speed of the narrative and the double-narrator strategy used by
9. Are there any messages hidden in Treasure Island? Does the book make for didactic reading? Discuss.
All Content Copyright©TheBestNotes. All Rights Reserved.
No further distribution without written consent.
125 Users Online | This page has been viewed 16827 times
This page was last updated on 5/9/2017 8:51:08 AM
Cite this page:
TheBestNotes.com Staff. "TheBestNotes on Treasure Island".
. 09 May 2017