Free Study Guide for Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry-BookNotes|
Previous Page | Table
know - Define each of the following terms and/or tell how it is culturally
significant in the context of the story.
• Revival meeting
ESSAY TOPICS / BOOK REPORT IDEAS
Define friendship and use examples from the story to differentiate between real
friends and false ones.
2. Write a character analysis of Cassie showing
what kind of person she is at the beginning of the story and the ways in which
she changes by the end of the story.
3. Write a comparison between Uncle
Hammer and Mr. Morrison. Why is Mr. Morrison safer to have around?
Pretend you are a 1930's tourist who happens to be visiting the store in Strawberry
on the day Cassie is mistreated. Write a letter to the newspaper editor describing
your observations and making constructive suggestions about what should be done
5. Create a diary for Jeremy showing how the story would be
different from his eyes. How do the Logan children hurt him without meaning to?
What could they have done differently?
6. Write a research paper about
the effects of the Depression on the southern states, focusing especially on the
effect it had on African Americans.
7. Define prejudice and show the impact
it had on the characters. In what ways are the Logans themselves also prejudiced?
8. Research the Civil Rights Movement. Show how conditions in Mississippi
got worse before they got better.
9. How does prejudice affect Americans
today? How can people be prejudiced against a group of people without even realizing
10. Define respect and tell how a person earns it. What is wrong with
using violence to demand respect? When, if ever, is violence an okay or necessary
Copyright ©2003 TheBestNotes.com.
All Rights Reserved.
Distribution without the written consent of TheBestNotes.com
is strictly prohibited.
Page | Table of Contents
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry Free BookNotes Summary