Free Study Guide for Farewell To Manzanar-BookNotes|
4. Compare and contrast Mama and Ko. How do you feel about each character? How does Jeanne seem to feel about them?
5. Explain how and why Jeanne's life is easier at Manzanar than for the other family members.
6. Explain the difficulties that Jeanne encounters at Long Beach Polytechnic High.
7. Woody is an optimist. How does this facet of his character help the family survive their internment?
8. The Executive Order was basically a government-sanctioned form of racism. How did this widespread approval promote racial discrimination against Japanese-Americans in general and the Wakatsukis in specific?
9. Who or what is the antagonist of the memoir? Explain your response fully.
10. Justify the title of the book Farewell to Manzanar in terms of Jeanne's experiences.
11. Describe the structure of the novel Farewell to Manzanar, paying particular attention to its three-part scheme.
12. What is the major theme of the novel and how is it developed?
All Content Copyright©TheBestNotes. All Rights Reserved.
No further distribution without written consent.
55 Users Online | This page has been viewed 3586 times
This page was last updated on 5/9/2017 9:50:17 AM
Cite this page:
TheBestNotes.com Staff. "TheBestNotes on Farewell to Manzanar".
. 09 May 2017