Free Study Guide: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury|
FREE STUDY GUIDE FOR FAHRENHEIT 451 BY RAY BRADBURY
5. Describe Mildred and contrast her to Montag and Clarisse.
6. What does the old lady represent to Montag and how does she affect him?
7. Is Beatty hypocritical? Fully explain your answer.
8. What do you consider to be the most important theme of the novel? Why? How is it developed?
9. Explain the images of death, suicide, and murder in the novel. What are their relationships to the totalitarian society?
10. Fully explain the image of fire/burning and how it is repeatedly used in the novel.
11. Fully describe the Mechanical Hound and how it is used? Do you feel it is effective? Why?
12. How does Bradbury build suspense in the novel?
13. Why is the novel a tragedy? What one small ray of hope is there at the end?
14. Explain the meaning of each of the three titles given to the parts of the book.
15. Explain the importance of the phoenix symbol to the novel.
16. What do the numbers 451 represent in the novel?
17. How did the government gain control over the people of this society?
Copyright ©2003 TheBestNotes.com. All Rights Reserved.
Distribution without the written consent of TheBestNotes.com is strictly prohibited.
All Content Copyright©TheBestNotes. All Rights Reserved.
No further distribution without written consent.
124 Users Online | This page has been viewed 5635 times
This page was last updated on 5/9/2017 8:50:16 AM
Cite this page:
TheBestNotes.com Staff. "TheBestNotes on Fahrenheit 451".
. 09 May 2017