Free Online Study Guide for Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury |
Previous Page | Table of Contents | Next Page
Downloadable / Printable Version
6. According to Grandfather Spaulding, where is the best place to be a philosopher?
a. On the porch of one's home
b. Outside city hall, on a soap box
c. While doing the gardening
d. Being a philosopher is "no darn good" any place
7. Memories of times past are found where?
a. In the dandelion
b. In the dust and stains of rugs
c. In Colonel Freeleigh's stories
d. All of the above
8. Which of the following is Tom's brilliant addition to Douglas' summertime list?
a. Night time is the spreading of shadows
from under billions of trees
b. Old people were never children
c. Neither A nor B
d. Both A and B
9. Who is Ching Sing Loo?
a. The distant
cousin of Ned Jonas, the traveling junkman
b. The replacement wax figure in the arcade
c. A magician whose death Colonel Freeleigh witnessed many years ago
d. The author of a book of black magic
10. Why does Douglas declare John Huff his enemy?
a. He's upset that John is moving away
b. He calls Douglas chicken for avoiding the ravine
c. He locks Douglas in the ice house
d. He refuses to visit Colonel Freeleigh
11. What is Elmira Brown's talisman of purity and innocence?
a. A dozen rabbit feet
b. The Bible
c. Tom Spaulding
d. All of the above
12. What city does Colonel Freeleigh call on his last day alive?
a. Mexico City, Mexico
b. Vancouver, Canada
c. New York, New York
d. Tokyo, Japan
13. When does William Forrester first fall in love with Helen Loomis?
a. At the drug store over a cup
of ice cream
b. Seeing an old picture of her in a newspaper
c. Over a cup of tea in her garden
d. He never fell in love with her
14. Where does the Lonely One confront Lavinia Nebbs?
a. In the ravine
b. On her porch, while he sips her lemonade
c. Inside her house, once she locked herself safe inside
d. Lavinia is actually the Lonely One
15. How is Douglas' life saved when he falls ill?
a. His grandfather makes him sip
from every bottle of dandelion wine
b. His grandmother cooks him his favorite dish
c. He is given Colonel Freeleigh's heirloom watch
d. Ned Jonas brings him bottled air
All Content Copyright©TheBestNotes. All Rights Reserved.
No further distribution without written consent.
279 Users Online | This page has been viewed 19750 times
This page was last updated on 5/9/2017 9:50:13 AM
Cite this page:
Mescallado, Ray. "TheBestNotes on Dandelion Wine".
. 09 May 2017